This Privacy Notice, effective as of 25th May 2018, states the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data and keep it safe. We are committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and as such, we will only collect information that is necessary and we will handle it in accordance with the following Policy. By using our services, you agree to Stonecrete Direct using you Personal Information as described in this Policy.
The law on data protection sets out a number of reason for which a company may collect and process your personal data:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. (For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.)
We will often need to use your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. In particular, when you place an order for home delivery, we’ll need to collect your address and subsequently pass it to our courier in order to fulfil your order.
We may need to pass on your details to law enforcement if required by law.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests
- When you visit our website.
- When you make a purchase online or over the phone.
- When you create a user account with us (This could be prior to or at the time of making a purchase online or over the phone.)
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means.
- When you choose to give us feedback, or complete reviews.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
We automatically collect the following information when you use our website:
- Log data and device information, collected by Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to collect visitor information such as search terms, web traffic trends and browser usage. This helps us to make continual improvements to our website and your overall online shopping experience. More about Google Analytics.
We collect the following personal information when you create a user account with us or place an order online or by phone:
- Your name, billing/delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- If your order is placed online we will also record your IP address and the password that you create.
- Details of your interactions with us and comments regarding your order.
We may also collect the following information when you call us or visit our premises:
- All calls made to our offices are recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV if you visit out office/warehouse.
- To process orders that you make online or over the phone. If we don’t collect the necessary information, we won’t be able to process and fulfil your order and comply with our legal obligations. Your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver your order, but we will only share the minimum amount of information required to carry out the process.
- In order to process payments, we are required to pass your personal information to our third party payment processors. Again, only the minimum amount of information is shared and this is done on the basis of our legitimate business interests and to protect our customers from fraud.
- After placing an order online or by phone we may give you progress updates by email, text or phone and our third party suppliers/delivery services may also contact you to make arrangements. This is done on the basis of complying with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. We may keep a record of your communications with us on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interest in providing you with the best service.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These communications will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps to improve our service while making it more relevant to you. Any feedback request message/invitation will also give the option to opt out of further requests.
- Protecting your personal information is important. We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- Our website uses secure ‘https’ technology throughout and access to your account and personal data are password-protected.
- We do not collect and store payment card details. All online payments are made through third party payment processors who are fully security compliant.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected and for as long as you have a user account with us.
We sometimes need to share your personal information with the following trusted third parties:
- Companies and individuals that help us provide our products and services to you such as payment service providers, suppliers and delivery services.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
- Government and Law enforcement agencies if required.
This is done on the following basis:
- We provide only the information required for them to perform their specific service.
- They may only use your data for the exact purpose we specify.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will be deleted or rendered anonymous.
We will only share your data with third parties for their own purposes in the following specific circumstances:
- You gave consent at the time of supplying your personal information for us to pass it to a third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
- We are required to share data with law enforcement bodies.
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
You have the right to withdraw consent - Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest - In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Direct marketing - You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity - To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
For instructions on how to enable cookies, please see Enable Cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect visitor information such as search terms, web traffic trends and browser usage. This helps us to make continual improvements to our websites and your overall online shopping experience. More about Google Analytics
All card transactions are handled by Sage Pay. Before entering any credit/debit card details, you will be forwarded to the Sage Pay Gateway allowing you to enter your details securely. We do not collect, transmit or store your card details. More about Sage Pay
We offer PayPal as a method of payment. During checkout, you will be forwarded to the PayPal website to make payment through your PayPal account. More about PayPal
It is necessary for us to disclose your delivery address with our third party delivery services.
We may arrange for products to be delivered direct from our suppliers. In these circumstances, we are required to disclose your delivery address and contact details to the supplier in order to fulfil your order.
Our website may contain links to to and from third party websites. If you follow these links, please be aware that Stonecrete Direct is not responsible or liable for these third party websites which will have their own privacy policies.